Fixed Rate Saver
With our Fixed Rate Saver, you can put your money to work, safe in the knowledge of how much interest it’s going to earn you. Just choose the length of your term, deposit between $2,000 and $1,000,000 and prepare to earn interest at a fixed rate.
If you’re registered for Online Banking, login to apply for a Fixed Rate Saver in just a few minutes.
Choose how long you save for You’ve got three deposit terms to choose from – 1, 2 or 3 years – and you can deposit any amount from $2,000 to $1,000,000
Get a great interest rate Earn between 0.85% AER/gross and 1.10% AER/gross, depending on the term you choose
Interest paid directly into your account We’ll pay your interest into the Alliance Surge Bank account you used to pay your initial deposit
How it works
Our Online Bonus Saver account gives you a variable rate of 0.40% AER/gross (including bonus interest) for any calendar month you don't make a withdrawal. You'll get a variable rate of 0.10% AER/gross in any calendar month you do make a withdrawal or close your account. You can open an Online Bonus Saver with $1 or more. If you have more than $10,000 in your account, interest is paid at a lower rate on balances above that amount
If you have a Alliance Surge Bank Premier, Alliance Surge Bank Advance, Bank Account, Bank Account Pay Monthly, or Graduate Bank Account you can open an account via Online Banking, Telephone Banking or in branch.
- Aged 7 years or over
- Have an Alliance Surge Bank current account or savings account (excluding an ISA, Regular Savings Account or Basic Bank Account) which you must maintain for the duration of the fixed term
- If you are aged between 7 years and 15 years you will need your application signed by a parent or guardian
- If you are aged 18 years or over, you may also open a beneficiary account for a child providing you also hold a Future Saver for Children in the same names. This can only be opened in branch.
How to open the account:
- If you’re applying for a Fixed Rate Saver in your sole name you can apply on line, via telephone banking or pop into your local branch
- If you’re applying for a Fixed Rate Saver in joint names you can apply via telephone banking or pop into your local branch
- The Fixed Rate Saver funds will be transferred from a nominated account with Alliance Surge Bank Bank, please ensure that funds are available
- Only one deposit per Fixed Rate Saver
- The minimum deposit is $2,000
- The maximum deposit is $1,000,000
How to manage the account
- Once opened you can view your balance via Online Banking or via the Alliance Surge Bank Mobile Banking App. You can manage the account via Telephone Banking or in branch.
- We do not deduct tax from any interest paid to you.
Tax benefits depend on individual circumstances and could change in the future.
- There is no cancellation period with this account.